Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. (1 Chronicles 16:34)
This is only one of many references to giving thanks to God in the Bible. He has given us so much – as believers, as His children, as His creation, as a nation of His people…and yet I see America more and more consistently turning their backs on the power, majesty, and holiness of our God. Not only on Thanksgiving, but every day, we need to remember to acknowledge His love, care, and provision for us.
Enough preaching from me. That’s Kevin’s gift. So I am proclaiming this post to “Thanks-for-giving.” Consider it, and then make your own list of Blessed by God and Thankful for…. Go ahead. I dare you.
1. My Salvation. Without this, nothing else matters. Worship and prayer. Add to this a loving, living God, eternity waiting for me, what else can a gal want?
2. My honey. My best friend. Someone I can be myself with (ugh, he even loves me in spite of morning breath and zits and bad hair days).
3. My children. Ahhhh. A boy and a girl, with their ‘significant others.’ And one day grandchildren. Healthy, safe, independent (and I mean INDEPENDENT), believers…A heritage unto the Lord.
4. My family. This includes my birth family, my marriage family, my extended family, my church family, my family of friends…life would be awful boring without any of these. 🙂
5. My health. Granted, I AM getting older, but mostly it’s just aches and pains. Good health to get out there and love and serve…
6. Food. Clothes. Shelter. The basics are all covered. And then some extras are lovingly provided…transportation, entertainment, free time, work time, study time, coffee, tea, music, my cat…
7. Everything else. Freedom in this country, jobs, ease of communication with friends and family, technology, church, hobbies, nature, sanitary conditions, running water, electricity, and the list goes on and on…